I was on my way to a friend's house for a fire yesterday and I decided it would only be appropriate to bring cupcakes (a very common decision for me!). But what kind of cupcakes do you bring to a fire? One word: MARSHMALLOWS!
This is soooo simple. You could have absolutely zero baking talent and make these look amazing! Plus, they take about six minutes to decorate!
- Make any kind of cupcake you want. (I went with Chocolate because chocolate and marshmallow sounded like a good combination to me!)
- Bake the cupcakes for a minute or so less than you would normally (to avoid over-baking later on)
- Remove the pan from the oven and place a marshmallow on top of each cupcake.
- Put them bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, until the marshmallows start to look soft.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven again, this time pushing the marshmallow down to cover the top of the cupcake.
I, for one, don't like s'mores. But top a chocolate cupcake with a golden brown marshmallow and this girl is happy! I imagine these would taste delicious made with a graham wafer crust and topped with some shaved chocolate
The perfect cupcakes to munch on while sitting around a fire :)
|My variation of a snowman: the Cupcake Man :)|
Happy Back to School, Everyone!