Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Can I have s'more please?

If you're looking for the easiest cupcake frosting, this will be the last place you need to look.

I was on my way to a friend's house for a fire yesterday and I decided it would only be appropriate to bring cupcakes (a very common decision for me!). But what kind of cupcakes do you bring to a fire? One word: MARSHMALLOWS!

This is soooo simple. You could have absolutely zero baking talent and make these look amazing! Plus, they take about six minutes to decorate!

  1. Make any kind of cupcake you want. (I went with Chocolate because chocolate and marshmallow sounded like a good combination to me!)
  2. Bake the cupcakes for a minute or so less than you would normally (to avoid over-baking later on)
  3. Remove the pan from the oven and place a marshmallow on top of each cupcake.
  4. Put them bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, until the marshmallows start to look soft.
  5. Take the cupcakes out of the oven again, this time pushing the marshmallow down to cover the top of the cupcake.
And there you have it! The easiest cupcake frosting I've ever made! If you want to add a more "firey" feel to the marshmallow frosting, broil them in the oven for a minute or so, until the tops look golden brown.

I, for one, don't like s'mores. But top a chocolate cupcake with a golden brown marshmallow and this girl is happy! I imagine these would taste delicious made with a graham wafer crust and topped with some shaved chocolate


The perfect cupcakes to munch on while sitting around a fire :)

My variation of  a snowman: the Cupcake Man :)

Happy Back to School, Everyone!
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment