Saturday, September 24, 2011

By "tomorrow" I actually meant almost a week later...

I cannot believe I forgot to post my chocolate cake recipe! I got so super busy this past week that it totally slipped my mind.
But no worries, here it is now, as good as ever :)

Quick-Mix Chocolate Cake
  • 1 1/2 cups white flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
*Pre-heat oven to 350°F
*Throw everything in one big bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high until all the little lumps are gone.
*Pour in an 8x8" pan or into a lined cupcake pan.
*Bake for 25 minutes(cake) or 19 minutes for cupcakes.

Taadaa! There you have it....the most delicious and crazy easy chocolate cake recipe you will ever find!
Credit goes to my great grandmother for this recipe!

Don't know what to do this weekend? Why not bake me a cake? :)
Juuuust kidding.....or maybe not!
Adios!

Sydney

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that these cakes are a product of the Great Depression when eggs, butter and milk were hard to come by? I think it is also my favourite cake recipe : )
    Jodi Jansen

    ReplyDelete