Monday, March 11, 2013

You Had me at Pie

The last two weeks for me have contained a lot of pie.
 
I'm not complaining, really. But it's true. And in that light, let us read a few "Pie Tips."
 


 
Okay, that's enough nonsense. Let's get real...about pie.
 
I had pie the other day...the pie was made with good intentions, I really believe that. But let's just say that's where the good ended.
 

Whipped cream and cream cheese. Yum, right?

Ha.

Nope.

Something wasn't quite right about this pie...but it did make for an entertaining evening nonetheless. From blasting the hand mixer in the middle of the kitchen to a whipped cream fight to throwing pie at the running ceiling fan. What?! Ya...it happened.

But anyways...I decided to attempt this pie...with an actual recipe. And it was a tad bit better. Okay, a lot better. It was wonderful, in a very cream cheese-y kinda way.


Whipped Cream Pie
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 pint whipping cream
  • Fresh fruit
  • 1 pie crust
*Whip the whipping cream until thickened
*Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth
*Fold the cheese mixture into the whipped cream
*Pour filling into pie crust
*Refrigerate until firm
*Decorate with cut up fruit, chocolate, whatevers you want!


For the crust I just whipped up a quick one but I imagine you could use pre-made or even a graham crumb crust.

There ya go. Now go forth and make pie.

-Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment