Sunday, March 03, 2013

"Nine out of ten people like chocolate....

...The tenth person always lies." - John Q. Tullius

Hello all,

I come to you today to admit my shameful actions. I have been blogging for over a year and a half now. A baking blog. With recipes.

And there's something I have failed to do within the last year and a half.


Chocolate Chip cookies.

What blog is complete without a good chocolate chip cookie recipe? Okay maybe that should be narrowed down to what baking blog...but let's face it, no matter what you blog about you should have a chocolate chip recipe. Now I know there's like a million recipes out there and everyone has their own preference. I speak from experience. I went to make some cookies the other day so I pull out my recipe box and flip to the cookie section expecting to find a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Ha.

To my surprise I found five recipes for chocolate chip cookies....each one was different in it's own way. Let's see, there was an oatmeal chocolate chip, cinnamon chocolate chip, cake-like chocolate chip, quick-mix chocolate chip, and simply chocolate chip cookies.

Based on my ingredients at hand, normal chocolate chip cookies it was. Now the others are probably wonderful too, but these were pretty superb.

Again, I guess this depends on your preference of cookies...soft, chewy, crunchy, burnt, chocolately, you name it. These one's were super soft and chewy...that almost half-baked texture, that's the one I'm talking about. We all know how fabulous Subway's cookies are due to their half-baked taste.

One of my friends commented that these cookies were very "moist." Compliment? ...I guess in it's own way, sure.

 
Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup margarine
  • 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp  salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (white, milk, dark: have fun with it!)
*Pre-heat your oven to 350*
*Beat all ingredients in order given
*Stir in chocolate chips by hand
*Scoop onto cookie sheet, leaving about an inch around each cookie
*Bake for 11-14 minutes
*Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack


I also made some chocolate sheeps. Sheeps, what a fun word. I'm pretty naive when it comes to chocolate making, so forgive my lack of skill.


With that being said, only one poor sheep lost a set of legs. The poor fellow. But needless to say, he tasted the same as the others!


Well this has been "What's new in Sydney's kitchen." Join me next time...to see what else is new in my kitchen.

xoxo
Sydney

ps. I'll leave you with a picture of my dog...she's highly fond of my baking!

1 comment:

  1. It looks very delicious. I try this recipe tomorrow. Today I have a lot of work. My boss watching me, so I'm not bored in work ;) Maybe I should change my office job? If I was a chef I might cook at work and nobody complaint :) Thanks for this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete