Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Swag here, A Swag there

I have to tell you guys a secret, but you have to promise to not tell anyone!

Okay...so cupcakes have always been my thing but I think I'm starting to like cake more. *gasp* I know, how could I betray cupcakes like that?! Well I still think cupcakes are fabulous but cakes are just as wonderful...if not a touch more. But that's just my opinion at the moment.

August 10th: My Father's birthday! So cake it is! As some of you know, I'm making a wedding cake for Saturday so I needed to do a practise run with one of the recipes and that is just what I did. One of the tiers for the wedding cake is a carrot cake so that is what my Dad's birthday cake was. It was just so convenient that he likes carrot cake! So everyone wins in this situation.

I have an obsession with swagging...not like swag...I don't fully understand "swag" but I do get swagging. And I love it to death! It's so easy and it always looks nice! So swagging is what I did! And I also have a weakness for HUGE icing tips...Hence the huge border I put on this cake, slightly over sized, but bigger is better right?



I just used buttercream icing and colored it to whatever colors I desired. Super simple but I thought it turned out quite nice.

I also thought you guys, as my readers, should see what kind of a pig sty I decorate cakes in. This picture here is after I cleaned up for a good half hour....but I like it that way. Everything is within an arms reach so I don't have to run around to find stuff.


Nothing fancy, just a nice birthday cake for a great dad!



Well I don't have much to say today, just some pictures for your beautiful eyes to examine. I have a wedding anniversary cake done too, so as soon as I get that post done I'll share it with ya, I promise.

Take care and enjoy the last few weeks of summer,
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment