Monday, November 21, 2011

T'is the Season of Baking

Christmas is just around the corner...and most of you know what that means. It's time to up the amount of baking going on in my house. Yes, indeed. What good is snow if you can't look at its beauty while sipping on some hot tea and nibbling at a yummy cookie? Exactly, no good at all. The snow is gorgeous! And I love all the Christmas lights going up...but more than all of that, I love standing in my kitchen looking out the window while smelling cookies baking in the oven.

And what kind of cookie is the most Christmasy? Well, a basic sugar cookie of course! The pure white dough and sweet vanilla smell is the definition of Christmas baking. Now, you could argue that something like meringues or peppernuts or shortbread or gingerbread is more Christmas-like, but for me it is a definite win for sugar cookies.

Call me boring, I don't care. Sugar cookies with Royal Icing are theee way to go. Not only at Christmas, but anytime of the year. So easy, yet so delicious at the same time! And the possibilities for decorating are just endless!! Endless, I tell you, with no end.

So to combine my two latest loves of life, colored sugar and cookies with writing. I present to you! My cookies decorated with writing and colored sugar! taadaa!

LIVE; LOVE; & LAUGH.
So the last cookies in this set got a bit messy...but that's alright. I'm still happy with it. Because what good would living and loving be without laughing? It would be pointless..so therefore, I have included the "laugh" cookie!


These ones were decorated by my friend Amber and exchange student, Brenda! It's so simple but it looks super awesome! Alls I did was outline the cookie, flood it with pour royal icing and then let it harden overnight. The next day, it was just like drawing on a piece of paper! I love my new Wilton Food Markers! I would highly suggest getting some, they're sweet!

FAITH; HOPE; & LOVE

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
                                               -1st Corinthians 13:13

LIVE; LOVE; & LAUGH
Well....that's all the pictures I got of these cookies. Apparently they're a hot commodity in my house! Haha, not complaining or anything, I do enjoy when peope enjoy my baking.

I hope you're all enjoying the snow and the frigid weather!
Happy Winter to you!
-Sydney <3

No comments:

Post a Comment