I'm starting to figure out this blog site, but not completely. I'm currently attempting to make my page more to my liking with my own images, but that's not going too well! Hopefully I'll get it soon.
After a bit of stress over this design attempt, I settled into the kitchen for an evening of cupcake making, chai tea drinking, and French music listening (my 3 favorite things in life right now).
If you haven't, I would suggest checking out this blog. It is totally amazing! Her work is unbelievable! And the recipes she has are to die for!
Recently I stumbled across her recipe for Cookie dough Buttercream!!! Being an avid cookie dough lover, I had to try it! And it did not disappoint!
Cookie Dough Buttercream:
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 8 cups icing sugar (1 kg)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- mini chocolate chips
- Blend butter and shortening together. Add icing sugar and milk until fully incorporated. (If you stop here, you can use this recipe as a simple buttercream icing)
- Mix flour and brown sugar in a separate bowl. Add flour/sugar mix to vanilla buttercream base.
- Add in the vanilla and salt. Blend until smooth.