Friday, April 26, 2013

Owl You Need is Love

Howdy all. Please forgive how backed up my posts have become, April for some reason is always a busy baking month, why? I have no idea! But in the midst of the chaos, I have done tons of baking and have been lagging in getting it posted.

My dear friend, Abbey, turned 18 earlier this month! Yay! Yay! Yay! She deserves three "yay's" because she truly is that fantastic! I don't think I know a more genuine person than Abbey, she is really one of the greatest people around.

Happy Birthday, Abbigail Sunshine! :)


Abbey and I have been friends since grade 7, so needless to say we have a lot in common. Tea being one of those shared loves. For a Christmas party last year, I made some Chai Tea Cupcakes. And they were a huge hit, especially for Abbey!

So when her birthday rolled around she put in her request for these cupcakes. And that's just what she got!

I'm huge into Pinterest, because let's face it, it's fantastic! So one day I stumbled upon a tutorial for making some adorable clay owls. Well, I'm not really into clay but the similarities to fondant are impossible to miss! And from there I'm sure you can figure out what happened.

The end, thanks for reading.




Just jokes. I made a tutorial for you guys!

I made some marshmallow fondant. Okay that's a lie, I had left over fondant from another cake so I just used that but same deal-io.

So basically you just need some fondant, a circle cookie cutter (mine was about 2.5"), a pen or marker cap, a smaller point thing (like the end of a paintbrush), and a toothpick.

If a picture's worth a thousand words...than take a look at this:


I made them in all the colors I had left over just to make it more fun...because colors are fun!


And from there I just slapped 'em on some cupcakes with those yucky little ball things that nobody likes but they look pretty. Fashion over function, people. Ha, only when we're talking food.

 
On a side note, check out this stellar mug! I made it. Say whaa? Yeah I did. Okay I painted it but that's basically making it! In Winkler we have fantastic pottery studio, Clay Owl, where you pick your piece and paint it up. It's wonderful, if you're in the area I highly recommend spending some time there.

 
Wanna know what happened on Wednesday?
 
this....
 
 
...happened. Yes, that's a house wrapped in wrapping paper. 26 roles to be exact. When someone has a birthday the whole block should know it, and Travis had a birthday so we just wanted to inform everyone of it.

Happy Birthday, Travis!

Well I'm about to embark on a crazy busy weekend, so I'll catch ya laters!
Stay golden,
Sydney xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment