Friday, January 25, 2013

A Little Rock 'n' Roll...or Just Roll

I'm just gonna pop in here for a quick update about some delicious experiments I've recently been part of. Now let me just tell you a little secret, until a month ago I had never made a jelly roll before. Shame.
 
I know. And I am now unsure of why this took me so long to do because they really are wonderful
 
For Christmas, yes that was like a month ago, my mother and I made some jelly rolls for dessert and I've just neglected to post them until now.
 
 
This is them. One is simply raspberry and the other is raspberry and cream cheese. And once again, because I love you all so, here's a quick picture tutorial.
 
We used this recipe but I'm sure any light cake would work. So as soon as you take the cake out of the oven, dump it onto a tea towel sprinkled with icing sugar. Roll the cake in the towel and place it seem down for ten minutes.
 
 
Next you want to unroll the towel and the cake and spread it with...well whatever you want to spread it with. Jam is always good or a cream cheese mixture.
 
 
Roll the cake up again and place seem down on a tray in the fridge until it hardens up a bit. Don't worry if it looks like a mess at this stage...it gets better.

 
Dust the roll with icing sugar or cocoa, again it's up to you, and cut into inch thick pieces. Or on that note, however thick of pieces you want!
 
 
These were incredibly moist and delicious! And can you guess what else I liked about it?
 
It
 
was
 
easy!
 
But wait! There's another recipe coming at you!
 

Strawberry Shortcake SUSHI!

I made these for a recent girls night with mon amigos. The link take you to a phenomenal website that does a great job at explaining the process. It's very similar to the regular jelly roll only smaller!


Now try eating these with chopsticks. Ha, it created a few good laughs for us!

Well I hope your week was fabulous, as you all are.
Enjoy,
Sydney :)





No comments:

Post a Comment