Thursday, October 06, 2011

Snicker-My-Doodle

You know it's totally necessary to make a cookie when the name makes you laugh.  Snickerdoodle. How can you read that and not smile even a little bit? Now the belief is that "Snickerdoodle" is from the German word Schneckennudeln (which oddly translates to "snail noodles") And after reading that the cookie now sounds less appealing, but nonetheless,  I made them anyways.


And I'm very happy I did! I'm not very good at explaining how things taste, but I think I nailed it with these cookies: Heaven rolled in cinnamon. Yup, that's pretty dead on.

And because these were just so darn amazing, I shall share the recipe with you! :)

Snickerdoodles
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanillla extract
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
*Pre-heat oven to 375
*Beat butter on high for 30 seconds. Add  the first measurement of sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt: beat until combined.
*Beat in eggs and vanilla
*Beat in as much of the flour as possible, stirring in the rest by hand.
**Now here it says to chill for one hour....but I'm impatient and did not do it and they turned out amazingly.**

*combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. After scooping dough into 1/4" balls, roll them in the mixture and place on cookie sheet.

*Bake for 10-12 minutes, let cool on sheet for a few minutes after removing from oven and then transfer to a cooling rack.


Are they not the cutest things ever? Yes, yes they are.

Now I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but October is National Cookie Month! Which means I feel the need to bake lots of cookies....honestly though I always feel that way. Now I just have a reason. So do us all a favor and get up off that couch your sitting on and please, go bake some cookies :)

Have a fantastic evening,
Sydney

Ps. That "snowball of posts" I promised you last week? well....my computer decided to go dead on me but it has been replaced with a new one, so I PROMISE they will come now!

*I got this recipe from the "Christmas Cookies 2011" Magazine. Buy it. It's awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh... impatience must have been a gene passed on from your Grandpa Schultz and my Dad Schultz! I have yet been able to wait an hour to have dough chill... I would rather fight with sticky dough than wait an hour : ) Perhaps such an instruction was written by those rigid, colour inside the line folks who never understood the heart of a true artist... I think I will pass this blog along to Cassidy, Micah and Alixx and see if it will inspire them to get creative in the kitchen.
    Jodi Jansen

    ReplyDelete